For government, legal firms, media, and other interested parties, I offer analysis of human relations and ethics that fall within my expertise (see below and Experience and Publications+Presentations).
For general business I offer behavioural analysis of work settings, coaching and workshops, and keynote presentations on selected topics.
The following services are offered by Social Technologies consultancy.
1) Teaching ethological theory and methods. These have direct applications to management and organisational design, and offer new perspectives to HR and L&D professionals. Subjects include:
a) Theory: Evolved sociality compared to the artificiality of formal organisations.
b) Theory: Emotions and hierarchy.
c) Theory: Types of directives with different emotional impacts.
d) Theory: Aggression, bullying, conflict.
e) Theory: Gender and sex differences. Signals and releasers. Scope for self-presentation.
f) Theory: Gender. Social technologies to enhance the authority of men and women.
g) Theory: Stress, its causes advertent and inadvertent; use in power games; and counter-measures.
h) Theory: Motivations and how they are engaged by organisations.
i) Theory: Ethnic ties and conflict; signals and responses; building multi-ethnic teams.
j) Method: Choosing observational categories (what to look for). Obtrusiveness. Qualitative versus quantitative.
2) Leadership development by coaching or teaching. Subjects include:
a) Self presentation, behavioural and non-behavioural.
b) Effective authority styles compatible with personality.
c) Ethics in relation to discrimination and equal opportunity.
3) Stress analysis – identifying negative affect and its behavioural and environmental causes, including architecture and office layout. Training, coaching and change solutions.
4) Training in body language (reading others, knowing and shaping yourself).
- • “Eyes: Knowledge for Managers“. 50 mins. Also available as a 2 hours workshop.
- • “Ethology, Emotions and Organisations”, 50 mins.
- • “What Ethology Can Do for Organisations”, 50 mins.
- • “Reaping ethnic diversity while avoiding conflict”, 50 mins.
- • Topic as requested.
Prices are by quotation.